Welcome to Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta (GRRA ), Atlanta’s original Golden Retriever rescue organization, founded in 1991.
GRRA is an all-volunteer, tax-deductible IRS 501(c)(3) charitable organization. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive evaluations, veterinary care, and foster homes to Golden Retrievers who are unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, neglected, or left in shelters throughout Georgia.
We specialize in finding Golden Retrievers new, loving forever homes and are here to help individuals and families who are no longer able to properly care for their beloved pets.
If you want to adopt a Golden Retriever, be sure to check out the GRRA Adoptable Dogs page!
GRRA Adoption Day
Sunday, June 2nd From 1 til 3pm
Floor & Decor Outlet
610 Holcomb Bridge Rd Suite 100
Golden Bark Newsletter
Signup here to receive the GRRA electronic newsletter. We will keep you posted on GRRA events, adoption announcements, Happy Tales stories, Volunteer of the Month Awards and other relevant GRRA news!
GRRA needs help filling the following volunteer roles:
GRRA Paws on the Path - Hike Roswell Old Mill Park and Vickery Creek Trail
Huge waterfall - Covered Bridge - 1839 Cotton Mill - Hike the forest trails - Swim in the rushing creek
Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Bring your dogs and dog friends on this easy hike 4 mile, 2.5 hour hike on wooded hilly trails. Please bring water for you and for fido. Don’t forget a leash.
Roswell Old Mill Park
85 Mill Street
Roswell, GA 30075
Please RSVP Ken hikes@GRRA.com
See all our hike information: Sign up with GRRA Paws on the Path on Facebook: On your facebook home page, in the search section at the top, type in: GRRA Paws on the Path. Click it to open it up. Click: Request Membership. We will set you up and approve your membership.
Help Support the GRRA Mission!
The GRRA Rescue Crew has been very busy in 2012! Even with a record number of dogs entering the GRRA program this year, we continue to provide each and every one with the care and medical attention they need before being carefully matched with their new forever families.
The average medical cost per dog in 2012 was decreased by 25% over the previous year thanks to the implementation of an improved cost management system by the GRRA operations and technology teams. With approximately 95% of all GRRA expenses earmarked for rescue dog medical expenses, these savings allow GRRA to rescue even more dogs in need. (The remaining 5% was used for essential business services such as volunteer insurance, licenses and permits).
To further control our costs, we have a great team of volunteers who give hundreds of hours each month PLUS the full time care that our foster families provide. Nobody at GRRA accepts any compensation for their rescue efforts beyond wet, sloppy kisses and the joy of knowing they are helping deserving Goldens find new adoptive homes.
Approximately half of the funds required to rescue Goldens in need comes from donors, sponsors and fundraiser participants. If you would like to lend a paw, please submit a volunteer application, become a member or consider making a tax deductible financial contribution. If you are already a member, volunteer, sponsor or donor, thank you!
The Lori Kauffman Volunteer of the Month - May 2013
Congratulations to Ty Hudson, GRRA's May Volunteer of the Month. Ty became involved with GRRA in 2012 after he and his family adopted Grace. Ty and his wife have three young children and they were looking for their first family dog. They met Grace and fell in love. Ty stated, "We had a very positive experience with GRRA and I wanted to get involved to help other families find wonderful dogs. " Ty was so enthused that he inquired about volunteering at the first Adoption Day that he attended. Within a week of adopting Grace, Ty was on board as an Adoption Consultant!
Ty's message to other golden lovers is heartfelt. He stated, "I cannot reiterate enough how rewarding it is to volunteer for GRRA and help people find wonderful goldens. There are so many ways people can assist: home checks, retriever taxi, Adoption Consulting, and the list goes on. I encourage people to get involved. It will be well worth your time." It is easy to see how passionate Ty is for GRRA and the goldens. It is volunteers like you, Ty, that make GRRA such a successful organization. Thank you!
Thank you to Stephan Curcio, a GRRA volunteer, for documenting the joys of helping GRRA goldens find their new furever homes.
GRRA Sponsors Providing Grants & Financial Contributions
* Click each logo to visit the website.
GRRA Partners Donating Essential Goods & Services
* Click each logo to visit the website.